September 5, 2012

ENHANCED PHOTOCURRENTS OF PHOTOSYSTEM I FILMS ON P-DOPED SILICON


"Enhanced Photocurrents of Photosystem I Films on p-Doped Silicon". G. LeBlanc, G. Chen, E. A. Gizzie, G. K. Jennings, D. E. Cliffel. ADVANCED MATERIALS. In press. DOI: 10.1002/adma.201202794

Tuning the Fermi energy of silicon through doping leads to alignment of silicon bands with the redox active sites of photosystem I. Integrating photosystem I films with p-doped silicon results in the highest reported photocurrent enhancement for a biohybrid electrode based on photosystem I. 

Mediante el entonamiento de la energía de Fermi del silicio, a través de contaminantes, se consigue alinear las bandas del silicio con los sitios redox activos del fotosistema I. La integración de películas de fotosistemas I con silicio tipo p lleva al mayor incremento de fotocorrientes que ha sido reportado para un electrodo biohíbrido basado en un fotosistema I.

No comments:

Post a Comment